Risk Management Solutions for Sport and Major Events
Control Risks has a long history of providing advice and services to the sports sector and also major event organisers. It is a significant activity for Control Risks, which has a global team of multi-disciplinary experts and external partners committed to our sports and major event clients worldwide. Our solutions centre around security, resilience and integrity in sport.
Services Control Risks offer
Integrity in Sport
- Malfeasance risk assessments, especially bribery and corruption risk to sponsorship deals and broadcasting rights
- Compliance program development and training
- Investigative due diligence services, for example into investors, new owners or agents
- Transfer market due diligence, notably into third-party relationships
- Technology-driven volume compliance due diligence platforms
- Technology-enabled investigations into allegations of match fixing
- Forensic accounting review of fund misuse
- Enhanced vetting of senior hires (in most jurisdictions)
- Litigation support, eDiscovery and other corporate services
Threat and Risk Assessment
- Threat and risk assessments including benchmarking and gap analysis
- Tailored threat and incident monitoring, including tactical and analytical briefings during all project stages
- Development of risk registers, governance, management strategies and enterprise risk management plans
- Dynamic cyber and social media risk monitoring, using Seerist Core
Security and Resilience
- Security master planning including liaison with stakeholders, public sector and suppliers
- Venue and supply chain security plans, including mitigations identified in the risk assessment and integrated with other operation’s plans
- Security design and engineering services for designers, architects and EPC companies
- Security program development, including cyber
- Security operations to support game operations, broadcasting or hospitality programs, including SOCs, executive protection, surveillance and counter-surveillance, journey planning, emergency planning and testing, command and control
- Security incident response and acute crisis management via Hiscox insurance policies
- Contingency planning, training and testing
Control Risks’ timeline for major events
Who are our clients
Control Risks has been involved in nearly all major global sporting events this century. Our involvement has ranged from designing and running security programmes to completing comprehensive all-hazards risk assessments for organisers and insurers. We have responded to a wide range of incidents and events, both via our relationship with Hiscox and directly for uninsured clients. We also conduct highly sensitive work around match fixing, fraud, forensics and asset tracking.
We provide a wide range of support to candidate cities, organising committees, sports governing bodies, sports associations, leagues, event organisers, insurers, broadcasters, investors, event promoters, sponsors, ticket distributors, regulators, clubs, teams and stadium architects, owners and operators. Beyond sport, we have supported major political event organisers including the G7, the G8, and the G20, as well as organisers of VIP gatherings, global events and festivals.
Global due diligence programme
Sport organisations gain advantage by taking risk seriously
Sport and entertainment organisations who think about the global risk landscape strategically will ensure their survivability and a competitive industry advantage.
Control Risks sports practice
Our sports practice is a global team of multi-disciplinary experts and external partners committed to our clients worldwide. This team’s expertise stretches across multiple functions - from event security and risk management, to investigations and data analytics.