Kidnapping rates are anticipated to rise in 2022. Socio-economic disparities, under-resourced law enforcement and weak judiciaries underpin the rise in rates, with COVID-19 exacerbating all three.
Security intelligence and advisory for an evolving security environment
Ongoing security intelligence and advisory allows you and your stakeholders to make timely and well-informed decisions about necessary risk mitigation or responses. Control Risks is here to help, with monitoring services to keep you and your people fully updated on anything that might impact or change your plans.
If you have an important event coming up, or teams on the move, you need to stay informed of any changes to the security environment. Equally, if you have a long-term project, you need to stay ahead of changing business conditions. We can help.
Should a country be struck by a high-impact event, we can keep you informed about the aftermath and monitor any impact on the security environment. If your organisation operates in a sensitive industry and has concerns about a particular threat actor, we can keep you updated on any changes in the local threat landscape that might affect your operations.
Bespoke risk monitoring
At Control Risks we monitor any risks identified by your organisation or in our bespoke risk assessments. We first define your organisation’s requirements and whether a baseline assessment is needed. Working with our experts, you’ll then define the format, delivery method and frequency of monitoring activity. We conduct regular reviews to adapt the monitoring to your business activities as they evolve.
- We monitor the unique issues relevant to your organisation, identifying the most significant developments and interpreting their implications for your operations.
- We assess the threats to your organisation using previous assessments as a framework, flagging any changes in baseline judgements on risks, likelihood, scenarios, etc.
- Your stakeholders will receive regular, succinct updates, which can be shared internally, including forward-looking analysis, insight and context from analysts on the ground.
- Our monitoring reports can cover any issues relevant to your operations, from strategic geopolitical developments (e.g., trends in transnational terrorism) to security, travel and operational issues (e.g., conflict, crime or business disruption).
- For any ad-hoc events, travel itineraries or concerns, Control Risks provides expert research and advice, with quick access to our experts via phone or email.
Our risk monitoring puts developments and trends into perspective for your stakeholders, while tailoring our research and monitoring to fit the exact requirement of your business with potential for focus on specific issues, sectors or locations.
Get in touch with a member of the team to discuss your risk monitoring needs or read our articles below.
A discussion about the legacy of 9/11, the implications of the US withdrawal from Afghanistan, and the shifting balance of global power.
When organisations focus on ESG they shouldn’t neglect the critical link between ESG and security, as this will affect the level of their security risk profile and influence the solution.
Membership is a tailored package of services including risk monitoring, crisis management, response services and investigations support.
Monitor risks, evaluate threats and pin-point opportunities. Access to incisive analysis and forecasting of geopolitical and security issues. Identify and forecast emerging events on a local and global scale.