Jackie Day leads Control Risks’ Crisis and Security department for the Americas and is based out of Washington DC. She oversees our specialist consulting teams including business resilience, crisis and continuity, cyber, security and threat management – as well as our managed services business with more than 100 consultants embedded within client organizations. In addition to her regional role, Jackie sits on several global working groups charged with driving global strategy, coordination and innovation, is a member of the global senior leadership team of Control Risks and sits on the Control Risks executive committee for the Americas region.
Jackie has led on senior-level advisory and corporate risk management engagements for public and private companies, educational institutions, high-net-worth families and NGOs around the world, across a broad range of sectors.
Examples of Jackie’s recent work includes:
- Serving as retained strategic advisor to US-headquartered global clients on COVID response.
- Providing executive-level advice and decision support on crisis readiness through to response and recovery from actual crises and critical business disruptions. Jackie is a trained Control Risks Response handholder.
- Serving as executive director for Control Risks’ embedded teams for several leading technology companies, delivering technology-enabled solutions for 24/7 threat monitoring, incident triage and response, and full-scale Global Security Operations Centers.
- Leading a global, multidisciplinary team on a complex investigative matter for a Fortune 50 healthcare company, working in partnership with and under the direction of external counsel. Areas of support included forensic imaging and analysis; business intelligence and analysis; information security; and real-time crisis management advice.
- Serving as strategic advisor and leading a global, multidisciplinary team to advise a private company on a complex FCPA crisis in close partnership with external counsel.
- Serving as Control Risks project director during the FIFA Confederations Cup in 2013 and World Cup 2014 in Brazil, leading a multinational team of 70+ personnel in delivering comprehensive risk planning and response, 24/7 threat monitoring and operational security support for several clients, including a Tier 1 FIFA Partner.
Prior to joining Control Risks, Jackie worked at Science Applications International Corporation (SAIC) where she provided advanced concept development services to various agencies within the United States Department of Defense. Jackie holds an MA in Law & Diplomacy from The Fletcher School at Tufts University and a BS in Foreign Service from Georgetown University. Jackie has been a commentator on crisis management, security and broader risk management issues in a variety of media and professional forums, and is certified by OCEG as a Governance, Risk and Compliance Professional (GRCP). She is also a Founding Member of Chief in Washington DC, a private membership network focused on connecting and supporting women executive leaders.