Vivienne is an associate director in Control Risks’ Compliance, Forensics and Intelligence team. She has carried out more than 200 due diligence and business intelligence assignments in mainland China, Hong Kong, Taiwan and other parts of Asia Pacific. She currently manages complex corporate investigations in Hong Kong.
Vivienne’s recent projects include:
- Assisting a law firm examine the background and creditability of a witness in a large commercial dispute in Hong Kong.
- Conducting an asset search in mainland China, Hong Kong and the United States on a high-profile Chinese businessman who was reportedly in serious debt.
- Assisting a hedge fund look into the business model of a listed Chinese video streaming website including the website’s profitability and possibility of privatisation.
- Investigating whistle-blower claims of corruption at a Taiwan energy company.
- Assisting an international investment bank verify short-seller allegations against a Chinese listed apparel manufacturer.
Before joining Control Risks, Vivienne worked at two other risk consultancies, Blackpeak and The Risk Advisory Group where she served a wide range of clients from investment banks and hedge funds to law firms and multinational corporates. Her project expertise include pre-transaction due diligence, strategic intelligence involving regulatory and political risks, cross-jurisdictional asset search and asset tracing. Early in her career, she was a journalist covering political and social news in Greater China for a number of media outlets in Hong Kong and Guangzhou.
Vivienne is a Certified Fraud Examiner. She holds a master’s degree in journalism from The University of Hong Kong. She is a native Cantonese speaker and is also fluent in Mandarin and English.