Understand and minimise environmental risks posed by climate change, pollution and resource use. We provide companies, investors and asset managers with solutions to improve environmental performance and build a resilient business.
A risk-led approach to ESG for practical, sustained improvement
Control Risks takes a risk-led approach to advising companies, investors and asset managers on environmental, social and governance issues globally. Our global network spans six continents, giving us an on-the-ground footprint of experienced, subject matter experts.
Our team add value by helping you identify your ESG risks and understand their root causes. We provide actionable advice to support you in making informed business and investment decisions, improve your performance on ESG and reduce risk.
We apply our experience to focus on the most critical actions and issues
- Build the capabilities and effective systems you need. Create a strategy to respond to changing regulatory obligations, meet your voluntary objectives and capture impact opportunities. Implement the strategy with the systems, processes, policies, tools and skills you need to make the change happen.
- Assess your ESG risks and opportunities in investment and M&A. Identify red flags, assess their impact on deal value and on your sustainability goals, build and implement remedial and value creation roadmaps.
- Stay ahead of dynamic risks by monitoring changes to your exposure and the risk factors and dynamics in your operating environment.
- Monitor the improvements you are making to ensure that your systems are well-implemented and achieving your objectives.
Develop a practical, focused approach
Our people have decades of specialist experience in the field of ESG risk management. They’ll develop pragmatic answers, building strength and capabilities where you need them most and where they will have the biggest impact. And they’ll make change happen on the ground - assessing and adapting to skills, culture and regulation wherever you operate in the world.
Control Risks helps you identify ESG vulnerabilities and opportunities in your investments, projects and supply chains.
From fair recruitment and modern slavery issues to community and human rights, Control Risks will help you manage your social & human rights risks so you can continue conducting responsible business.
Your supply chain can expose your company to serious regulatory risk through third parties. We’ll help bring your supply chain into sharp focus, helping you gain greater visibility and control over your third-party risks.
Some of our recent work
- A Middle East corporation engaged Control Risks to conduct a series of assessments to ensure labour law compliance of their suppliers and contractors. We identified non-compliance and allowed our law firm partner to provide advice and clarifications to the client that helped manage their risk exposure.
- A company was facing allegations of breaches of human rights by the security operations of a mine site in East Africa. Control Risks deployed a team of forensic investigators, human rights specialists, and security specialists to substantiate the claims, allowing the company to take appropriate action.
- A pharmaceutical organisation needed to evaluate the validity of whistleblower allegations of improper employee relations with third-party vendors. Our experts used extensive public record research to confirm the allegations, resulting in the client implementing more robust third-party vetting processes.