Steven Wilkinson is a Principal in Control Risks’ Asia Pacific practice, based in Hong Kong. He is the regional practice leader for Control Risks’ technology group in the Asia Pacific, and leads on large and complex matters involving investigations and technology in the region.
- Asia Pacific
Steven Wilkinson is a Principal in Control Risks’ Asia Pacific practice, based in Hong Kong. He is the regional practice leader for Control Risks’ technology group in the Asia Pacific, and leads on large and complex matters involving investigations and technology in the region. He has particular expertise in leading internal and independent investigations for companies subject to investigation by authorities across multiple jurisdictions.
Recent projects have included:
- Led an investigative team on a major investigation involving cross boarder litigation, leading all investigative and document collection activities, and reporting to multiple legal third parties in China and the US.
- Led an internal investigation on behalf of a multinational high-tech company, which involved the collection of relevant information from within a secure operating environment, co-ordination of on-site e-discovery activities and production of documents to regulatory authorities.
- Carried out internal due diligence checks for a major international manufacturing company based in China which involved on-site forensic collections and review activities.
- Carried out forensic/investigation readiness review and provision of response planning for major telecom provider and staff training for forensic first responders.
- Led an investigation into internal zero-day malware infestation in high security government department following internal network traffic analysis.
- Led an investigation into a targeted malware attack aimed at C level management of major Telecom provider. Investigation revealed crafted malware used to exfiltrate financial data for onward sale.
Before joining Control Risks, Steven has been employed in a number of Digital Forensic and Information Security roles within the EU and the MENA area. He also served in the UK Royal Air Force Police as a Counter Intelligence Operative with responsibility for Information Security, Physical Security and Counter Terrorist activities. In addition, he led the Royal Air Force Computer Crime team which investigated criminal and high level security incidents both domestically and internationally.
Steven is a qualified computer forensic and e-discovery specialist and is certified in the conduct of mobile telephone forensics and the operation of general forensics equipment. He has over 20 years’ experience of criminal and security investigations and had led teams in hostile environments, carrying out both investigative and digital forensic activities.
The Global Insight