Neil Meikle is a forensic technology specialist with fifteen years of experience in forensic investigations and technology consultancy. He has conducted a wide range of multi-jurisdictional investigations, delivering services to clients that include forensic data analytics, computer forensics, eDiscovery and cyber incident response. He leads Control Risks’ Forensic Technology practice for the Europe and Africa region.
- Forensic Data Analytics
- Digital Forensics
- eDiscovery and eDisclosure Services
- Cyber Incident Response
Neil Meikle leads the Forensic Technology practice for the Europe and Africa region. A forensic technology specialist with fifteen years of experience in professional services and forensic investigations, he uses technology to solve client problems, detect fraud and malpractice, improve decision-making and present evidence to court.
Neil has led a wide range of technology-focused forensic investigations in the UK and internationally, particularly Europe and South East Asia. His clients have included corporates, law firms, regulatory bodies, private clients, law enforcement agencies and government departments. Neil maintains deep technical skills in forensic data analytics, computer forensics, eDiscovery, and cyber incident response, including the preservation of data in a forensically secure manner and subsequent processing, analysis and review.
Some examples of Neil’s work include:
- Leading multiple teams on a large civil case in the UK that alleged billions of dollars of misappropriated assets from a large Asian financial institution.
- Leading multiple teams in the disclosure of a large volume of electronic documents supporting multi-million dollar claims in the administration of Lehman Brothers International Europe.
- Leading an investigation into the activities of former and current employees of a multinational marketing company, appearing as an expert witness in the Malaysian High Court.
- Leading a large forensic data analytics investigation into suspected procurement fraud at five subsidiaries of a multinational corporation.
- Leading multiple projects arising from a data compromise incident at a large UK-based health insurance provider.
Prior to joining Control Risks, Neil led the data science capability for PwC’s Forensic Technology practice in the UK, focusing on advanced analytics technologies such as artificial intelligence, machine learning and predictive analytics. He also spent three years in Kuala Lumpur where he established and led PwC’s Forensic Technology practice in Malaysia. Neil has a Bachelor of Science in Computing with Artificial Intelligence from the University of Leeds.