Adam Strangfeld is a Partner in Control Risks and the head of the Copenhagen office. Adam is responsible for the client management function for the Nordic region.
- Operational and Protective Services
- Market entry/ exit risk assessment
- Business Continuity Management
Adam Strangfeld is a Partner in Control Risks and the head of the Copenhagen office. Adam is responsible for the client management function for the Nordic region. In this role he is in charge of building and strengthening client relationships, directing business development and marketing activities in the region whilst undertaking account management of select Nordic clients. Adam has spent most of his professional career advising multinational companies and government agencies on political, integrity and security risks worldwide – a continued area of focus for Adam in his advisory role with Nordic clients.
Examples of Adam’s recent work include:
- Advising a client on managing the risks posed by critical intellectual property rights infringements, helping put in place an action plan and roadmap for remediation of urgent issues and a longer-term improvement plan to mitigate the risks identified.
- Helping a client to develop a best practice global security management function, including assessing the effectiveness and suitability of the existing corporate security organisation, relative to the security threats facing the company.
- Engaging with a client on managing the risks posed by a high-profile corruption case.
Before his current role, Adam was Research Director of political analysis in London where he was responsible for the direction and supervision of Control Risks’ country analysis worldwide, as well as the design and project management of customised reports and consulting projects. He was also a regular media commentator, including television interviews with the BBC, CNBC, CNN and Bloomberg on the global risks to business.
Before joining Control Risks, Adam worked for several years in Danish military intelligence. He underwent specialist training in intelligence work at the Royal Danish Defence College. Adam has an MA in Central and East European Studies from University College London and an MA in Political Science and History from the University of Copenhagen.