Cross-border investigations in Latin America
- Latin America
- Resolving Critical Issues and Crises
Don't panic: Conducting cross-border investigations in Latin America
In this article, which was published in the June edition of Compliance & Ethics Professional, our experts discuss the corruption crackdown that is taking Latin America by storm, and how attorneys can bring forth a sound investigation plan to best help their companies respond to corruption allegations.
Download the article PDF
- Identify all relevant stakeholders to discuss strategy, roles, and information sharing protocols.
- Consider forming a special investigation committee to oversee the internal investigation and serve as an independent
- Determine the necessary investigative work streams, including data analytics and due diligence checks.
- Discuss and agree with the company’s shadow investigation team on the investigation’s plan and scope.
- Establish an agile and scalable project management and communication plan with a dedicated central coordinator to
facilitate status reporting, issue escalation, and administrative tasks.