Remo Barry is a Partner at Control Risks and the Commercial Director for the Iraq region, which falls within High Risk Managed Services (HRMS).
- Middle East and North Africa
- Creating a Secure Organisation
- Operational and Protective Security
- High Risk Protective Security
Remo Barry is a Partner and the Commercial Director for the Iraq region, which falls within High Risk Managed Services (HRMS). In this role, Remo is responsible for shaping and underwriting the commercial direction of the Iraq business, ensuring that the company is running effectively and efficiently, and leading industry best practice. Furthermore, he delivers contract account management to major clients and suppliers, as well as other key stakeholders.
Examples of Remo’s recent work include:
- Developing and managing the Iraq Strategic Plan which supports and complements the company’s global vision and strategy.
- Spearheading the development of the Iraq office’s Quality Management System and successfully leading the business towards attaining ANSI/ASIS PSC.1-2012, ISO 9001:2015 and ISO 18788:2015 accreditations.
- Commercial negotiation of several significant long-term tier one contracts for the company in Iraq.
- Development and subsequent oversight of a robust supplier management system in line with company and industry best practice.
Prior to his current role, Remo held various finance-related positions across the company’s Iraq business. He was an integral part of the pioneer team that established the commercial business in Southern Iraq, where he was responsible for developing and implementing robust financial controls and procedures in a very complex, high tempo business environment.
Before joining Control Risks, Remo worked as a financial auditor in Cape Town, after completing his studies at Rhodes University in South Africa. He holds a Bachelor of Commerce degree in financial accounting and economics.