Joyce is a Director in charge of the Investigation and forensic accounting practice in Johannesburg with a remit for the Sub Saharan African region. She has a a decade of combined experience in forensic investigations, auditing and strategy management.
- Anti-fraud & Financial Crime
- Corruption Risk Assessment & Analysis
- Risk Governance & Organisational Design
Joyce is a Director in charge of the Investigation and forensic accounting practice in Johannesburg with a remit for the Sub Saharan African region. She has a decade of combined experience in forensic investigations, auditing, and strategy management.
Joyce specialises in assisting clients with proactive and reactive solutions in the form of forensic investigations and fraud risk management advisory. Joyce works with clients in various industries including, inter alia, Financial institutions, Government regulators and state-owned entities, Non-Government Organisations (NGOs), mining and technology companies.
Recent examples of Joyce’s consulting experience include the following:
- Forensic investigation into leakage of confidential information and security risk assessments of client premises during the 2019 election period in South Africa for a public sector body.
- Forensic investigations into allegations of employee misconduct and irregular recruitment processes for a state-owned development agency. Forensic investigations into allegations of procurement fraud, flaunting of the PFMA and MFMA requirements
- Conducted various investigations into leakages of confidential information for a key regulatory body in South Africa. This included tracing the leaked information through intelligence techniques and interviewing various individuals that were in possession of the leaked information.
Prior to joining Control Risks, Joyce worked for two of the Big 4 audit firms in East and South Africa and headed the Forensics division of one of South Africa’s oldest law firms. Joyce specialises in forensic investigations and strategy advisory. She has experience servicing clients across Africa, Europe and Asia. Joyce was recognised as one of the Top 50 Women in Management in 2019 and is fluent in English and Swahili and is a Member of the Association of Certified Fraud Examiners, Institute of Commercial Forensic Practitioners and a member of the Ethics Institute.
The Global Insight