CORE+ Cyber helps you understand current threats and emerging trends in the fast-evolving cyber landscape.
Advisory services to protect your organisation
Control Risks’ Cyber Protect team provides advisory services that help organisations, and their security leaders make risk-based, cost-effective and forward-looking improvements to their cyber security. We can help you to assess, manage and improve your cyber security, reducing the impact of a potential breach.
Our consultants have extensive expertise in the public and private sectors and are well-equipped to support organisations of all sizes, sectors and locations.
How we can help
We provide a wide variety of services to help your organisation develop a full breadth approach to managing and improving your cyber defences, aligned to your business priorities.
- Baseline risk assessments: Identifying the critical security risks to your organisation and providing actionable and prioritised mitigation advice
- Threat-led risk assessments: Working with our Cyber Threat Intelligence team to assess the maturity of your organisation based on specific cyber threats, and to protect your most critical assets
- Crisis management exercises: Reviewing and developing your organisation’s capability to respond to cyber attacks through tabletop and simulation exercises
- Ransomware readiness: Assessing and improving your organisation’s capability to respond specifically to ransomware incidents
- CISO-as-a-service: Providing expert advice and support from our experienced security professionals to transform your organisation’s security and protect your most critical assets
- Cyber due diligence: Conducting due diligence on potential suppliers, future investments, acquisitions and portfolio companies to establish whether sufficient security is in place to protect your organisation’s interests
- Security reviews and audits: Providing reports on your organisation’s compliance and maturity with industry standards and regulations such as ISO 27001, the US NIST’s Cybersecurity Framework and the EU’s GDPR
- Training and awareness: Developing your organisation’s cyber security culture with training and awareness strategies, including in-person and remote briefings to executives, high-risk teams, workforces and private clients
- Technical assurance: Working with our technical security specialists to design and build defences within your systems and to ensure security by design is at the heart of your IT operations
- Digital strategy advisory: Creating and reviewing digital transformation strategies to ensure planning is cost-effective and proportionate to cyber threats
- Information governance: Helping you identify the best approach for handling, storing and processing information within your organisation
- Red team assessments: Delivering end-to-end cyber attack simulations to test your organisation’s security defences, and providing recommendations for improvement
In 2022, escalating cyber threats globally are set to become a matter of survival for organisations. States are failing to deter aggressive behaviour, as offensive cyber capabilities proliferate among rising numbers of state and non-state actors.
The COVID-19 pandemic reliance on digital services, which in turn has led to rising profitability of cybercrime and ever more advanced cybercriminal tactics. Ransomware extortion is now the key cyber threat to organisations globally.