Approach deals with confidence
A successful deal starts with a strategy informed by in-depth, contextualised intelligence and analysis.
Control Risks’ political risk consulting and analysis and intelligence capabilities give private market investors and corporates the information they need to move forward with confidence. Our services provide support for the development and testing of investment strategies, the selection of an approach to origination, and initial assessments of new targets and opportunities.
Strategy and scenario planning services for the long term
We live in a time when many long-held assumptions about politics, society and technology are being challenged. Control Risks provides planning services through scenario mapping workshops that help you shape long-term planning and make measured, tested adjustments.
- Scenario mapping: develop and map alternative key risk issues and scenarios for a specific sector or technological development
- Red team: stress test assumptions that underpin investment strategies and perceptions of risk in your organisation
- Political risk analysis: consider the political and regulatory outlook for countries, with an eye on policy shifts that might unlock opportunities
Research and intelligence services on a global scale
Our network of contacts and global access to information allows us to support origination efforts in a variety of ways, particularly when your ability to travel is limited, or when you are considering less familiar markets.
- Focus your origination strategy by developing a long list of potential targets based on your investment criteria – sector, ownership structure, commercial profile and investment size – and then by narrowing this down to a shortlist of priority targets through further intelligence gathering and analysis
- Prioritise research, questions and talking points during the origination process through ongoing monitoring or tailored briefings
Distressed opportunities services
Navigating the process of acquiring or lending to distressed companies or assets can be tricky. Our experts help you evaluate sectors or companies likely to require financial support because of policy changes, or which are vulnerable to losing government support during a downturn.
We also help you consider a cluster of distressed opportunities, such as your own existing portfolio or a portfolio of non-performing loans (NPLs). We can conduct due diligence on individual borrowers or apply data analytics to evaluate a portfolio against a set of criteria we determine with you.