The Global Insight
Tung Jung Tan
Tung Jung Tan is a Principal in Control Risks’ Greater China Compliance, Forensics and Intelligence practice, based in Hong Kong. He has specialised in forensic accounting, corporate investigations, business intelligence and insolvency for more than 23 years.
- Asia Pacific
Tung Jung Tan is a Principal in Control Risks’ Greater China Compliance, Forensics and Intelligence practice, based in Hong Kong. He has specialised in forensic accounting, corporate investigations, business intelligence and insolvency for more than 23 years. Tung Jung has extensive experience in leading reactive investigations and proactive compliance risk assessment reviews for multinational corporations across Asia. He has provided forensic accounting and investigative support to international law firms appointed as the independent advisers of publicly listed companies.
The following are examples of Tung Jung’s most prominent engagements:
- Leading the partner audit program in the Asia Pacific region for a large multinational software company. In this role TJ oversees 20+ audits conducted annually.
- Investigated bribery and corruption issues at the China subsidiary of a US-listed manufacturer of scientific instruments and the China operations of a global pharmaceutical company.
- Conducted risk assessments of the China operations of several subsidiaries of a multinational, as part of a global Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA) compliance review programme.
- Conducted an FCPA review of the China operations of a global semiconductor company.
- Provided forensic accounting and business intelligence support to counsel in the financial investigation of a “reverse merger” company involved in advertising.
Before joining Control Risks, Tung Jung was a managing director of FTI Consulting’s forensic and litigation consulting practice based in Hong Kong, and prior to that, a director in the forensic accounting practice at LECG Hong Kong Ltd.
Tung Jung holds a bachelor of accountancy and is a Chartered Accountant with the Malaysian Institute of Accountants. He speaks fluent English, Mandarin Chinese and Bahasa Malaysia, as well as conversational Cantonese and Hokkien. TJ is a guest lecturer in the forensic accounting course at the University of Hong Kong School of Professional and Continuing Education.
Asia In Focus