Simon is a Director within the Crisis and Security Consulting practice, based in London. He leads the outsourced risk management and protective services teams for Europe and Africa, providing direct security support to clients to protect their people, assets and reputation.
- High Risk Protective Security
- Hostile Environment Training
- Operational Security Management
Simon is a Director within the Crisis and Security Consulting practice, based in London. He leads the outsourced risk management and protective services teams for Europe and Africa, providing direct security support to clients to protect their people, assets and reputation. Simon has experience in advising clients across a range of sectors on appropriate security solutions for their projects, including the recruitment, deployment and management of specialist consultants for assignments across the region.
Prior to his current role, Simon was based in Nairobi and managed the Crisis and Security Consulting team in Nairobi, advising clients on security solutions for their operations in East Africa. Prior to moving to Kenya he was based in London as an Operations Manager.
Simon’s recent consulting experience includes:
- Project management for a major UK infrastructure project delivering proactive and reactive security advisory support services across a large geographical area, including the deployment of mobile patrols, specialist consultants and information and analysis support.
- Project management for a major oil and gas project in northern Kenya, including the deployment and management of more than 50 personnel. The project draws on a range of services, including security management, logistics, journey management, analysis and 24/7 operational support.
- Project management for a European government providing armed security support to its embassy in Kenya.
Before joining Control Risks, Simon worked in operational research in the UK Civil Service. Previously, he worked as a researcher for two charities helping children with brain injuries. Simon has a degree in Behavioural Sciences and a Masters in International Security and Global Governance.