Mark is a principal at Control Risks and heads the crisis and resilience consulting practice for Asia Pacific, based in Sydney. He works with public and private sector clients, particularly in transport and infrastructure, utilities, energy and defence.
- Asia Pacific
- Crisis Management & Business Continuity Strategy Planning
- Scenario Planning
- Supply Chain Resilience
Mark is a principal at Control Risks and heads the crisis and resilience consulting practice for Asia Pacific, based in Sydney. He works with public and private sector clients, particularly in transport and infrastructure, utilities, energy and defence. Mark has successfully overseen and delivered strategic programs and projects aiding and advising Fortune 500, FTSE100 and ASX20 listed organisations. He is an experienced executive and commercial leader with proven success leading multi-disciplinary and cross-cultural teams.
Examples of Mark’s recent work include:
- Led a multi-skilled cross-government team delivering a large transformation project, redesigning and enhancing emergency, crisis, incident response capabilities and operating framework for an Australian AUD 3b public transport network.
- Led an AUD 17b ASX20 listed utility group security and resilience function and successfully established and implemented a companywide organisational resilience framework, including business continuity management framework, continuity planning, crisis management, crisis communications and continuous improvement protocols.
- Led a global corporate security and resilience function for a USD 13b Fortune 500 US energy company, responsible across 25 markets developing and implementing a global strategy for enterprise-wide business resilience, business continuity management, this included planning, delivering and facilitating global crisis response exercises.
- Led a USD 25m regional security, resilience and defence consulting firm, responsible for leading over 450 staff including security professionals, accountable to shareholders for delivering multi-million-dollar programs and transformation projects particularly in the energy sector, defence, humanitarian and state-owned enterprises.
Prior to joining Control Risks, Mark has a professional career in security, crisis and resilience over 20 years across 50 countries and held several senior executive positions globally, most recently in Australia. During this time, he directly enacted business continuity plans and initiated crisis responses globally, including natural disasters in Asia Pacific and South America , emergency and crisis responses in Africa due to civil conflict, initiated corporate business continuity plans in Australasia in response to cyber related incidents and energy infrastructure failures.
Mark has a Bachelor of Arts in international relations and diplomacy, is a licensed security consultant, is a Board-Certified Protection Professional with ASIS International and is a certified Green Belt Lean and Agile Six Sigma practitioner.