The Global Insight
Jessica Pyman is Control Risks’ Regional Head of Business Intelligence in Asia Pacific. With teams located in Hong Kong, Shanghai, India, Singapore, South Korea, and Sydney, she is responsible for all aspects of business intelligence services delivered in the region.
- Asia Pacific
- Deal Intelligence and Due Diligence - Country and Sector
- Competitor Intelligence
- Due Diligence
Jessica Pyman is Control Risks’ Regional Head of Business Intelligence in Asia Pacific. With teams located in Hong Kong, Shanghai, India, Singapore, South Korea, and Sydney, she is responsible for all aspects of business intelligence services delivered in the region. Jessica is experienced in advising clients on managing deal-related corruption, integrity and broader ESG risks throughout Asia Pacific, across all sectors. She has a particular expertise in using business intelligence to support fraud investigations, litigation and for tracing and recovering assets.
Her recent projects include:
- Political mapping and influence assessment of a family well-known in Indonesian business circles, including a review of their assets worldwide on behalf of a Chinese litigation counterparty.
- Investigating historical allegations of money laundering and related-party transactions made against an influential individual as part of an inheritance dispute within a prominent Korean family.
- Investigating allegations of complex fraud and assessing the financial standing of, and potential for recovery from, a PRC-based agricultural company with activities throughout Asia.
- Advising a European financial institution on the recoverability of historical non-performing loans across Asia and the financial status of the borrowers.
Jessica is ranked in Chambers Litigation Support Guide 2021 for Business Intelligence and Investigations, Asia Pacific Region.
Prior to joining Control Risks, Jessica was a partner at US corporate investigations firm Mintz Group, where she set up the Hong Kong office, their first in Asia, and worked for over seven years building its presence in the region. Previously, she was regional director of research at Kroll.
She attended Cambridge and SOAS, University of London where she read Chinese and Politics, and has a master’s degree in International Relations and Public Affairs from the University of Hong Kong. She speaks French and Mandarin.