Jacob is an Associate Director based in Control Risks’ Copenhagen office, where he manages relationships with a range of leading Finnish and Danish companies and organizations. Jacob has spent most of his professional career advising corporate clients as well as intergovernmental and governmental agencies on how to manage political, compliance and security risks.
Jacob also has an advisory role on research projects and client engagements in relation to the global energy transition, including challenges facing the renewable energy and alternative fuels sector.
Examples of Jacob’s recent work include:
- Helping a leading renewable energy client review and develop its crisis management organization to support its global growth strategy.
- Advising a client investing in renewable energy projects on risks across a range of emerging markets and scoping ESG due diligence on local business partners and other stakeholders.
- Engaging with a client in the pharmaceutical sector to prepare and execute an internal fraud investigation involving an important business partner.
- Working with a client in the energy sector to improve the flow of information on risks and incidents and deliver bespoke risk briefings to its executive and country management team.
- Supporting a client in the alternative fuels space with the development of an IP protection programme.
Prior to his current role, Jacob managed a team of researchers delivering screening services for the financial sector in the UK and helped to develop screening solutions for various European markets.
Before joining Control Risks, Jacob gained a Master of Science in Asian Politics from the School of Oriental and African Studies in London and a BA in International Development from Roskilde University.