Hirohiko Takeda is Principal of Control Risks’ Compliance, Forensics and Intelligence practice in Tokyo. Hirohiko leads the firm’s consulting, investigation and advisory to support clients with risk and crisis management in emerging countries.
Hirohiko’s key projects include:
- Pre-transaction partner due diligence and business intelligence on market entry around the world for large Japanese trading, finance, utility, engineering and construction companies
- Risk assessments and advisory on corruption, sanction, export control, human rights and cyber risks through intelligence gathering, interviews and document/transaction reviews for several Japanese companies in manufacturing, engineering, construction and service
- Risk and crisis management process enhancement for several Japanese headquarters
- Fraud investigation into alleged collusive and fraud through transaction review, forensic review and background investigation for several Japanese companies operating across Asia
- Risk assessment and crisis response planning in business restructuring, market exit and emergencies in Asian and African countries
- Litigation and business dispute support for Japanese companies with operations in South East Asia, Middle East, Africa and Europe
Prior to joining Control Risks, Hirohiko was a senior manager of BPR (Business Process Reengineering) services at one of Japan’s leading consulting firms. He has significant experience in process reviews and interviews for Japanese companies, and he has extensive knowledge of Japanese enterprise business practices.
Hirohiko holds master’s degrees in civil engineering from Tokyo University in Japan. He is a native Japanese speaker and is also fluent in English.