Danny is a Chartered Security Professional, and Fellow of the Security Institute who manages Control Risks' Crisis and Security Consulting training business in Europe, the Middle East and Africa and coordinates training delivery in the Americas and Asia Pacific regions.
- Programme Gap Assessment & Enhancement
- Security Consulting & Planning
- Threat, Risk & Maturity Assessments
- Aviation Risk Management Solutions
Danny is a Chartered Security Professional, and Fellow of the Security Institute who manages Control Risks' Crisis and Security Consulting training business in Europe, the Middle East and Africa and coordinates training delivery in the Americas and Asia Pacific regions. Prior to this role Danny spent 6 years in Control Risks Security Risk Consulting practice providing clients with strategic and operational level advice and support.
Some of Danny’s recent projects include:
- Design, development, and delivery of a comprehensive security management leadership programme for a major Middle Eastern energy sector client. The programme included a multi-module course covering general security, event management, aviation and maritime security with theoretical classroom-based sessions and practical immersive site visits.
- The design and delivery of an overseas security management programme for Chinese clients. The programme included training for senior managers at a corporate and regional level, and for managers with responsibilities and management oversight at project site level.
- Management of a bespoke security management training course delivered in English and Arabic for over 200 employees of a joint venture organisation in North Africa. The course programme was linked to the organisations people development framework selecting the most talented individuals for further training and the opportunity for promotion thereafter.
- Lead consultant in the design of Control Risks’ Social Risks and Human Rights eLearning course. The course provides learners with an overview and understanding of the Voluntary principles for Security and Human Rights (VPSHR), how risks should be assessed and evaluated, and the responsibilities of organisations to ensure human rights are protected.
Before joining Control Risks, Danny served 16 years in the British Army as a Senior Non-Commissioned Officer. He conducted daily dynamic threat evaluation, security surveys, risk assessments and management of risk mitigation measures whilst deployed on operations in Europe, Africa, South America, the Balkans, Central and South East Asia. This regularly involved liaison with International NGOs, Police and Armed forces, security services and other security stakeholders. His work was conducted in well-established security frameworks and in austere, complex, and hostile operating environments with limited resources.
Danny holds Postgraduate Certificates in Management, Terrorism Studies and Airline Security Optimisation. He holds an international certificate in Risk Management and Master’s degree in Business Continuity, Security, and Emergency Management. He is a PRINCE2 practitioner and APMP project manager and holds the Company and Port Facility Security Officer Certifications. Danny also hold a Diploma in Advanced Training and Operational management and Preparing to Teach in the Lifelong Sector (PTLLS) Certification.
The Global Insight