Victor Rudebeck is an Associate Director in the Investigations and Forensic Services practice area of the Compliance, Forensics and Intelligence department.
Victor specialises in providing anti-corruption compliance assessments and investigations for clients across a wide range of jurisdictions and sectors. He has also experience of delivering structured data analytics on a number of different accounting systems, including SAP, Oracle and Microsoft Access. Prior to joining Control Risks, Victor spent 6 years working for a forensic accounting firm in Paris and London, specialising in the provision of damage assessments in the context of international arbitration and commercial litigation.
Recent experience includes:
- Conducted structured data analytics as part of a major corruption investigation in Brazil on behalf of a multinational utilities company. Led a four person team responsible for designing and running data analytics tests to identify high-risk transactions.
- Led a compliance review into procurement practice at an electricity company in Cameroon, including conducting interviewing client staff, transaction testing and reporting to senior management.
- Carried out a pre M&A FCPA due diligence of a German manufacturing company for one of the world’s largest private equity firms involving testing of high-risk transactions and documenting internal controls.
- Delivered an internal investigation for a multinational pharmaceutical company related to alleged control violations at the back office of its French subsidiary, including interviewing client staff and conducting compliance review of medical projects.
- Assessed the loss assumptions in the production forecasts of an oil company in Nigeria for the purpose of M&A proceedings with the buyer and the funding providers.
- Performed a valuation of an investment company in the mining sector as part of a due diligence commissioned by one of its competitors subject to a reverse takeover attempt by the investment company.
- Carried out a major asset tracing investigation of financial services company following the uncovering of one of the world’s largest Ponzi schemes.
- Undertook a major financial review of an Algerian telecom company as part of a pre-acquisition financial due diligence, including detailed analysis of management forecasts, KPIs and other key financial ratios.
Victor has a BSc in Information Management from the University of Sheffield, is a member of the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales (ICAEW), the Canadian Institute of Chartered Business Valuators (CICBV) and is a Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE). Victor is Swedish and fluent in English, French and German.