Sorana leads Control Risks’ geopolitical risk analysis team for Europe, Middle East and Africa. She helps both government and private organisations to understand how their strategy might be exposed to the action of internal or external political actors and to devise strategies which allow them to operate successfully amidst geopolitical uncertainty.
- Political Risk Governance Programmes
- Risk Assessment & Monitoring
- Scenario Analysis and Strategy Consulting
Sorana leads Control Risks’ geopolitical risk analysis team for Europe, Middle East and Africa. She helps both government and private organisations to understand how their strategy might be exposed to the action of internal or external political actors and to devise strategies which allow them to operate successfully amidst geopolitical uncertainty. During more than a decade with Control Risks, she has gained significant experience in advising clients on the management of political and reputational risk and formulation of policies and strategies.
Sorana is a regular speaker at global and regional conferences and has been quoted by various media outlets, including Reuters, the Financial Times and Forbes.
The projects Sorana has managed recently include:
- A strategic intelligence advisory service for one of the world’s largest oil and gas companies, which Control Risks advises on geopolitical trends in key demand and supply markets in the hydrocarbon sector.
- A global tactical intelligence and analysis service for a blue-chip technology company which wants to stay abreast of evolving security and political risks across its markets of operations.
- A series of in-depth corruption risk assessments for an international pharmaceutical company looking to assess and calibrate the integrity and compliance of its operations in high risk markets.
- An assessment of the specific political, operational and security risks to the education sector for a private equity company, which was looking to acquire a business with operations in 21 jurisdictions across five continents.
- A series of stakeholder maps and profiles of the oil & gas sector in key markets across the world for a major national oil company.
- A comprehensive risk assessment for an international NGO that was planning to open offices across the Middle East and North Africa.
Sorana holds an International Risk Management Certificate from the Institute of Risk Management (IRM) and a master’s degree from the London School of Economics and Political Science, both with distinction. She holds bachelor’s degrees in political science and international economic relations from two universities in Bucharest and a postgraduate certificate from the Friedrich Schiller University of Jena in Germany. She speaks English and Romanian fluently, as well as some German and French.