Mark Rossin is an Associate Director based in North America, based in Washington, DC. Mark focuses on identifying, developing and implementing effective solutions for insider threats within the corporate environment.
- Resolving Critical Issues and Crises
- Creating a Secure Organisation
Mark Rossin is an Associate Director for North America, based in Washington, DC. Mark focuses on identifying, developing and implementing effective solutions for insider threats within the corporate environment. He specializes in understanding the radicalization process of ideologically-motivated individuals and their mobilization toward violence. His domestic and international experience in identifying internal and external threats enables him to assess and create solutions to mitigate the risk of violence or harm to an organization and its employees.
Mark’s recent experience includes:
- Served as the senior FBI Special Agent for terrorism matters while assigned to the FBI’s Behavioral Analysis and Crisis Negotiation Units and was recognized as the subject matter expert in insider threat and violent extremism. He has over eight years of operational experience as the FBI’s lead behavioral specialist on the highest priority national security crises and hostage situations. Mark routinely deployed overseas on high-risk assignments working with the intelligence community and foreign governments.
- Developed and implemented hundreds of risk management plans for dealing with homegrown violent extremists. This experience has enabled him to develop creative interview strategies focusing on rapport building in order to evaluate and mitigate future violence.
- Designed and provided operationally-focused training to the United States Department of Defense, members of the intelligence community, foreign governments and law enforcement agencies on detecting and deterring extremist radicalization and mobilization.
- Mark served as an FBI Special Agent and supervisor for over 20 years, and has experience investigating a wide variety of complex criminal and national security investigations.
- Mark is an FBI-certified Crisis Negotiator and Counterintelligence Investigator. He also served as the Senior Team Leader for an FBI’s Special Weapons and Tactics Team for over ten years.
Mark served in the US Army for five years as an Intelligence Analyst and has a Bachelor of Arts degree in criminology from the University of Northern Iowa.