Jonathan Wood leads Control Risks’ Global Issues practice, providing analysis and consultancy on global political, operational, security and integrity risks to multinational organisations in the oil and gas, mining, insurance, financial services, retail, construction and technology sectors.
- Creating a Resilient Organisation
- Political and Economic Risk Consulting
- Delivering Growth and Opportunity
- Market Entry Consulting
- Social Risk Consulting
Jonathan Wood leads Control Risks’ Global Issues practice, providing analysis and consultancy on global political, operational, security and integrity risks to multinational organisations in the oil and gas, mining, insurance, financial services, retail, construction and technology sectors. Jonathan’s subject matter expertise encompasses geopolitics, global governance, economic development and transnational security issues. He leads Control Risks’ analysis of transnational terrorism, single-issue direct action, and geopolitics.
Recent projects include:
- Developing and implementing a methodology to assess aviation overflight threats for a major commercial airline
- Developing and implementing a methodology to assess sanctions risk exposure for a leading global petrochemicals company
- Assessing the threat of transnational terrorism to a major international energy project for a consortium of European energy companies
- Assessing cyber and other information security threats to an international tender process for a European defence contractor
- Developing and analysing conflict scenarios for the Middle East’s Gulf region and assessing resultant security threats from state and non-state actors for a major UK-based insurance underwriter
- Assisting a systemically important multinational financial institution in developing a comprehensive methodology for assessing country risk, including security threats, across its international portfolio and operating environments
- Providing unconventional threat scenarios, horizon scanning and assessment of key global political and security trends for a government national security agency
Prior to joining Control Risks, he evaluated multilateral development bank procurement policies for a consultancy based outside of Washington, DC, and worked on defence sector integrity issues at Transparency International in London. Jonathan also previously worked as an analyst and organiser for leading US food security organisations based in Washington, DC, and Boston (United States).
Jonathan graduated magna cum laude with a BA in History and Literature from Harvard University and completed an MSc with distinction in Global Politics from the London School of Economics (LSE), focusing on globalisation, international relations, and global energy security.