Joanne is an Associate Director in Seoul. She leads Control Risks' operations in South Korea and advises international and domestic companies on risk management solutions. She also leads Control Risks’ reputational due diligence, business intelligence, pre-employment screening, fraud investigation and compliance-related investigations in Korea.
- Due Diligence
- Ethics and Compliance Consulting
Joanne is an Associate Director based in Seoul. She leads Control Risks' operations in South Korea and advises international and domestic companies on risk management solutions. She also leads Control Risks’ reputational due diligence, business intelligence, pre-employment screening, fraud investigation and compliance-related investigations in Korea.
Joanne has extensive experience providing major Korean and multinational companies and law firms with solutions to mitigate risks for their investments and transactions. She supports Korean companies in their overseas projects, helping them to understand and prepare for dealing with complex security matters, conducting threat assessments, providing context on local political and social relationships that may affect the sustainability of their operations.
Recent examples of Joanne’s work include:
- Supporting Control Risks’ local practices in Korea on various risk consulting projects, training programmes and workshops, due diligence investigations and market research projects.
- Conducting an investigation into allegations of unethical behaviour by a senior executive in a major multinational company.
- Conducting a conflict of interest investigation into the local Korean manager of a European industrial equipment manufacturer.
- Helping Korean Engineering, Procurement Construction (EPC) companies make decisions about investing in high-risk North African countries.
- Helping major Korean companies, including a financial institution, make assessments on the reputational risks from their business partners.
Before joining Control Risks, Joanne worked for International SOS, working with financial companies’ product development teams and advising on travel risk management solutions for overseas travellers and expatriates.
Joanne is a graduate of the Sook-Myung Women’s University and holds a B.A. in physics and computer science. She has also obtained the PMP (Project Management Professional) certification from PMI (Project Management Institute) in the US. She is a native Korean speaker and speaks fluent English.