Based in Paris, George is a Turkey specialist, and is responsible for producing political and security risk analysis on both Turkey and south-east Europe for Control Risks. He travels regularly, advising clients and maintaining a network of trusted sources.
- Political & Economic Analysis & Forecasting
- Real-time Threat Intelligence
- Threat, Risk & Maturity Assessments
Based in Paris, George is a Turkey specialist, and is responsible for producing political and security risk analysis on both Turkey and south-east Europe for Control Risks. He travels regularly, advising clients and maintaining a network of trusted sources. George responds to client queries on a range of subjects including corruption, insurable risks and insecurity, and works on bespoke consulting engagements for companies in a range of sectors including energy and manufacturing.
George’s recent projects include:
- A comprehensive threat assessment and political risk overview for a mining company with assets in Turkey’s north-east, following increased political instability and violence in Turkey.
- A comprehensive assessment of potential reputational and physical threats to a data analysis company in Turkey, ahead of deploying personnel to Turkey.
- An assessment of the impact of changing US-Turkey relations on the regulatory and political environment for US companies in Turkey in a particular sector, ahead of a client’s expansion of activities in the country.
- An assessment of corruption, regulatory and integrity risks facing international companies in the pharmaceutical sector in Turkey, amid a client’s worldwide review of their risk environment.
- An analysis of likely political, regulatory and security developments in Germany and their impact on a number of sectors over the coming decades, as part of a worldwide analysis of long-term trends for a major client.
- An analysis of trends affecting the pharmaceutical sector in Germany, from regulatory to security risks, for a major pharmaceutical company’s long-term strategic planning.
Before working for Control Risks, George spent several years working in Turkey on Turkish corporate relations, due diligence, and security-focused research projects, including on Turkey’s south-east and on Kurdish issues. He has also worked for two Turkey-focused think tanks, including the prestigious Istanbul Policy Centre. George speaks Turkish, French and German, and holds an MSc in Comparative Politics from the London School of Economics.
The Global Insight