The Global Insight
Ryan Marvel serves as a Partner to the Crisis and Security Consulting team. He oversees and manages Control Risks’ Embedded Consulting Services practice and is responsible for some of Control Risks’ largest long-term managed service engagements in the crisis and security sector.
- Creating a Secure Organisation
Ryan Marvel serves as a Partner to the Crisis and Security Consulting team. He oversees and manages Control Risks’ Embedded Consulting Services practice and is responsible for some of Control Risks’ largest long-term managed service engagements in the crisis and security sector. Based in Washington, DC, Ryan utilizes his extensive security industry experience to provide best-in-class embedded solutions for Control Risks’ clients involving the deployment of subject matter experts and the integration of individual experts and teams into our clients’ businesses.
Highlights of Ryan’s recent experience include:
- Overseeing a contingent workforce program spanning 11 separate Corporate Security verticals in 9 global locations for one of the world’s largest social media companies.
- Serving as the ongoing project director for the build-out and management of a best-in-class, 24/7 global security operations center (GSOC) for a major technology disruptor in the US. After staffing the 23-person team and overseeing their onboarding and initial training, Ryan continues to work closely with the team and the client, including on a leading-edge technology platform to monitor the incidents being managed by the GSOC.
- Setting up a first-of-its-kind and now best-in-class intelligence and threat monitoring program for one of the world’s most notable cyber security brands.
- Rapidly deployed as a security consultant to a major Canadian financial institution’s global headquarters to serve as the lead communication, operational and crisis response point of contact supporting their month-long crisis response.
Following five years as a proven leader on Control Risks’ business development and account management team, during which time he managed a number of Fortune 500 client relationships in the US and Canada, Ryan served as a vice president with Promontory Financial Group, an IBM company, working with their risk review and anti-money laundering vertical.
Before joining Control Risks, Ryan was a senior manager for TGS, responsible for the Washington, DC operations and direct management of cleared security teams across the intelligence community and the FBI. Ryan holds a bachelor’s degree from Roanoke College.