Matt Hinton is a Principal specializing in assisting organizations with important risk and resilience matters, including crisis management, business continuity, enterprise risk management, and strategic risk analysis.
- Crisis Management & Business Continuity Strategy Planning
- Enterprise Risk Management
- Supply Chain Resilience
Matt Hinton is a Principal specializing in assisting organizations with important risk and resilience matters, including crisis management, business continuity, enterprise risk management, and strategic risk analysis. He has 17 years experience helping global clients in the consumer industrial products, retail and consumer, airline, banking, and insurance industries design and implement sustainable programs aimed at managing a variety of strategic, operational and compliance risks.
Matt’s recent experience includes:
- Designing and implementing end-to-end crisis management and business continuity capabilities at multiple Fortune 500 organizations, including determining comprehensive recovery strategies, and creating business continuity and crisis management governance structures and plans.
- Creating and facilitating multiple C-Suite level crisis management simulation exercises, and related debrief sessions, at organizations across all major industries, in order to identify significant weaknesses and simple and practical ways to improve their capabilities.
- Leading multiple crisis management and business continuity assessments focused on comparing how client practices compare to best practices and identifying opportunities for improvement.
- Leading post incident reviews of crises at two of Australia’s most iconic institutions. These reviews focused on root cause analysis, quantification of loss analysis, and identification of weaknesses in how the company prepared for and responded to crisis.
- Creating enterprise risk management target operating models and implementing sustainable risk management frameworks and capabilities at clients around the world.
Before joining Control Risks in New York City, Matt spent almost 14 years at PwC, holding leadership roles in both Australia and the United States.