Brian Mich is a Partner in Control Risks’ Compliance, Forensics and Intelligence practice in the Americas region. A former prosecutor, he has over 30 years of experience in the private and public sectors conducting fraud and corruption investigations.
- Anti Money Laundering Consulting
- Compliance Monitoring
- Corruption Risk Assessment & Analysis
Brian Mich is a Partner in Control Risks’ Compliance, Forensics and Intelligence practice in the Americas region. A former prosecutor, he has over 30 years of experience in the private and public sectors conducting fraud and corruption investigations. Brian advises companies and their counsel on corporate compliance matters and conducts investigations into allegations of fraud, corruption, and money laundering.
He specializes in complex internal investigations involving allegations of corruption, accounting fraud, money laundering, and other regulatory violations. Brian also helps companies design, implement, evaluate and improve anti-corruption, anti-money laundering and anti-fraud compliance programs. He has participated in investigations and compliance matters throughout the world.
Brian’s recent experience includes:
- Leading a court-ordered monitorship of a global money services business resulting from its settlement with the State of Arizona resolving allegations that the monitored entity had facilitated money laundering by human and narcotics traffickers in the US-Mexico border region.
- Assisting counsel to an Italian energy company in a corruption investigation targeting the company’s operations in Africa.
- Providing consulting assistance to monitors appointed pursuant to various settlements between the largest US mortgage servicers, the Department of Justice (DOJ) and other entities.
- Assisting counsel to a global nutritional supplements company in conducting an investigation into whistle-blower allegations of corrupt business activities by the company’s local management in China.
Prior to joining Control Risks, Brian spent nine and a half years at BDO USA, LLP, where he was a managing director in its global forensics and investigations practice. Prior to that, he was senior counsel to the Independent Inquiry Committee, led by Former Federal Reserve Board Chairman Paul Volcker, investigating the Oil-for-Food Programme in Iraq.
Brian regularly authors articles and provides presentations on compliance and anti-corruption issues. He is admitted to the New York State bar and is a Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialist.
Brian received his BA in Political Science from Colgate University and JD from Villanova University School of Law. He was on the Moot Court Board at Villanova.