Bill Udell is a Senior Partner for Control Risks’ business protection and resilience services across the Americas, and is based out of the Los Angeles office.
- Senior Partner
- Creating a Resilient Organisation
- Creating a Secure Organisation
- Resolving Critical Issues and Crises
Bill Udell is a Senior Partner for Control Risks’ business protection and resilience services across the Americas, and is based out of the Los Angeles office. These services include security consulting, security staffing support, executive protection, security design and solutions, information security consulting, crisis management services, and business continuity consulting. He is a member of the global senior leadership team and sits on the Control Risks executive committee for the Americas region.
Examples of Bill’s work include:
- Coordinating a multi-disciplinary team to assist a private equity-backed manufacturing client in developing strategies and safeguards to protect its intellectual design rights in emerging markets. Leading a global Control Risks team to conduct baseline threat and risk assessments of a client’s factories worldwide. Bill created a risk mitigation methodology that allowed for both a centralized set of corporate policies and tailored solutions for factories in different threat environments.
- Directing comprehensive risk management and operational support to clients affiliated with the FIFA World Cup, Confederations Cup and Olympics in Brazil.
- Providing strategic advice and training for numerous clients on crisis management preparedness and the development of all-hazards crisis management plans.
Bill previously managed Control Risks’ Iraq business. Bill’s team provided market entry support and guidance, Iraqi government coordination, threat assessments and intelligence support, frameworks of consent, local tribal liaison, anti-corruption and anti-bribery consulting, country-wide mobile security, static security, large project management, security consulting, crisis management and medical evacuation coordination and a variety of training solutions.
Prior to joining Control Risks, Bill served in the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) as both an Intelligence Analyst and Operations Officer focussing largely on the Middle East. Bill holds a Master of Arts degree in Middle Eastern Studies from Harvard University and a Bachelor of Arts degree in International Relations from Trinity University. He is proficient in Arabic.