Mark Pulvirenti leads Control Risks’ Compliance, Forensics and Intelligence practice in the Australia Pacific region, and has extensive international experience in anti-fraud and corruption advisory and investigation matters. Mark is a chartered and certified forensic accountant with case management experience in 25 countries across Asia Pacific, Europe and the Americas.
Mark’s career has included a number of significant investigation and advisory engagements:
- Engaged in two senior regional leadership roles in one of the largest global forensic investigations related to alleged breaches of the US Foreign Corrupt Practices Act
- Conducted several bribery, corruption and money laundering investigations for global mining and mining-services companies from Central Europe to East Asia, managing multi-disciplinary and multi-lingual teams
- Acted as an expert witness in high-profile criminal money laundering proceedings in Hong Kong
- Led forensic components of a criminal investigation on behalf of an Australian regulator
- Retained by listed corporations as an expert to assess bribery and corruption risks and to ensure that internal controls, as part of wider corruption compliance programs, are robust to successfully mitigate such risks and detect issues.
Prior to joining Control Risks, Mark was an Executive Director in AlixPartners’ Financial Advisory Services practice in Asia, responsible for the delivery of key forensic accounting and financial crime advisory services. Prior to that, Mark was a Director in the Financial Crime group of Deloitte’s Australian Forensic practice and subsequently a Principal, and the Regional Forensic & Disputes Services Leader, of an independent Hong Kong advisory firm.
Mark holds a Bachelor of Business (Accounting) from Griffith University Australia and a Diploma of Government (Investigations) in Australia. He is a member of the Institute of Chartered Accountants in Australia, Hong Kong Institute of Certified Public Accountants, Association of Certified Fraud Examiners in the United States, and the Australian Restructuring Insolvency & Turnaround Association.