Torsten Wolf leads Control Risks’ forensics practice in Germany. Based in Frankfurt, Torsten has over 13 years’ professional experience in planning and executing small- to large-scale projects, according to standards such as FCPA, UK Bribery Act or German competition and anti-corruption laws.
- Cross Border Investigations
- Internal Investigations Advisory
- Regulatory Investigations Response
Torsten Wolf leads Control Risks’ forensics practice in Germany. Based in Frankfurt, Torsten has over 13 years’ professional experience in planning and executing small- to large-scale projects, according to standards such as FCPA, UK Bribery Act or German competition and anti-corruption laws. In doing so, he often works alongside internal and external counsel, compliance officers, internal investigation teams and prosecution authorities. Torsten’s areas of expertise include forensic accounting, regulatory enquiries, bribery and corruption investigations, due diligence and compliance consulting.
Torsten’s recent projects include:
- Project manager of an internal investigation into an embezzlement scheme operated during a range of construction projects in the south of Germany. Work included preparing the client for potential criminal proceedings and liaising with the German police.
- Project manager of a large-scale global investigation of potential annual financial statements misrepresentation of a multinational business conglomerate.
- Project manager of a set of compliance reviews at international subsidiaries of a construction and facility management conglomerate.
- Project manager of an internal investigation of the American branch of a German financial institution relating to breaches of internal policies prohibiting the use of the bank's resources for personal use as well as discrimination in favour of, or against, employees for sexual reasons or reasons based upon the employee's sex.
- Work stream leader (internal controls; policies and procedures; restructuring) of an OFAC sanctions remediation project at a German financial institution.
Before joining Control Risks, Torsten worked in the Forensic Services department of a “Big 4” accounting firm in Frankfurt and the finance team of an multinational pharmaceutical company.
Torsten has a diploma of Business Administration from University of Applied Science, Mainz, Germany.
The Global Insight