Emily is an Associate Director with Control Risks’ global third-party risk management solutions team, VANTAGE, heading up its client services for EMEA and providing consulting on building compliant third-party management frameworks.
- Creating a Compliant Organisation
Emily is an Associate Director with Control Risks’ global third-party risk management solutions team, VANTAGE, heading up its client services for EMEA and providing consulting on building compliant third-party management frameworks. She also has extensive experience in managing complex business intelligence investigations across a wide range of sectors for clients around the world. Representative projects include:
- Providing support to a major international engineering company to improve its third-party risk management programme which had completed a deferred prosecution agreement following a formal investigation into incidents of bribery among its third-party relationships.
- Assessing the existing anti-fraud framework and related policies of a government agency operating in the Gulf, providing a benchmarking exercise and gap analysis of its existing processes along with recommendations for enhancement.
- Preparing and delivering training to approximately 50 employees of an international telecommunications company on the different types of regulatory and reputational risk associated with third parties and how to assess and mitigate them
- Consulting with the legal and compliance team of an international defence and security company on the design and implementation of a risk-based due diligence programme that reflected the complexity and nuance of the risks associated with its operations and capitalised on technology and automation.
Emily previously worked for a charity, Oxford Research Group, where she directed its Strategic Peacebuilding Programme managing large-scale projects using dialogue to strengthen peace processes. She also spent two years working in Lebanon with a charity and three months in the West Bank as a human-rights monitor with an international programme, later becoming one of its regional coordinators.
Emily is proficient in Arabic in which she has a bachelor’s degree from the School of Oriental and African Studies. She also holds a master’s degree in Peace Studies from Bradford University.
The Global Insight
The Global Insight