As a Director for Europe, Anna Walker oversees Control Risks’ analysis of political, operational, integrity and security issues across Europe and the former Soviet Union.
- Market Entry Assessment
- Political & Economic Risk Consulting
- Cyber Threat Intelligence
As a Director for Europe, Anna Walker oversees Control Risks’ analysis of political, operational, integrity and security issues across Europe and the former Soviet Union. She manages the overall content and analysis provided by the Europe desk, including reviewing the analytical output published for the CORE risk monitoring platform and overseeing bespoke consulting projects for clients operating across Europe. Anna is also Control Risks’ senior analyst for Central Asia, the South Caucasus and Mongolia, providing analysis and customised reports for clients across a range of sectors.
Recent projects that Anna has managed or worked on include:
- A comprehensive assessment of the political, operational and integrity risks to a major European pipeline.
- Analysis of the political, operational and reputational threats to a private-equity company assessing options in Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan and Tajikistan.
- Several market-entry reports for natural resource companies assessing their options in Mongolia.
- In-depth analysis of the threats to a pipeline linking several Central Asian countries.
Prior to joining Control Risks in 2009 Anna was a senior analyst at the Economist Intelligence Unit (EIU) in London. During her ten years at the EIU she wrote and edited reports on many of the countries of the former Soviet Union. She produced two- and five-year political and macroeconomic forecasts, as well as analysis of political, operational and sovereign risk, for these countries. Between 2003 and 2007 she authored the chapter on Armenia for Freedom House’s annual publication Nations in Transit. She regularly comments in the media on regional developments.
Anna has an Honours degree in Modern Languages from Cambridge University, and a Graduate Diploma in Economics from Birkbeck, University of London. She speaks Russian and French.