Masahiko Niwa is an Associate Director in Tokyo, who leads consultation and strategic marketing activities to establish and develop close relationships with our clients. Masahiko also works for Japanese clients in the field of compliance, forensics and intelligence practices such as pre-investment business intelligence, due diligence, ESG risk assessment and investigation support.
Masahiko’s recent key project experiences include
- Business intelligence and risk assessment project to support decision making on strategic responses to ongoing Myanmar operation for a major Japanese company
- In-depth due diligence for a major Japanese bank on its investment in a South East Asian financial institution
- Market research and business partner risk assessment in Europe and South East Asia for a Japanese major telecommunications company
- A project to develop third-party due diligence and other compliance policies and procedures for a Japanese trading company
- Investigations into allegations reported by whistle-blowers of a Japanese client's subsidiaries in multiple countries
Prior to joining Control Risks, Masahiko was Practice Leader for Credit and Political Risk practice at an international financial services company. He provided solutions to major Japanese multinational companies and international financial institutions, focusing on credit and political risk management programmes.
In addition to the above, based on the knowledge of the international sports industry, Masahiko is also expanding opportunities of consulting services to sports events and organizations in the Japanese market.