Diego Andreu serves as a Principal in Control Risks’ Crisis and Security Consulting department based in Houston and is responsible for the strategic development, planning and implementation of the Security Services practice in the United States and Canada.
- Operational Security Management
Diego Andreu serves as a Principal in Control Risks’ Crisis and Security Consulting department based in Houston and is responsible for the strategic development, planning and implementation of the Security Services practice in the United States and Canada. As a practice leader, he oversees the development, management and delivery of security related projects for Control Risks’ clients including on close protection, workplace violence protection, event security and training.
Highlights of Diego’s recent experience include:
- Coordinating a global effort for an event security program for a client that encompassed seven different countries and more than twenty events
- Conducting a close protection program review for a leading multinational building materials company in northern Mexico.
- Leading security operations for several multinational organizations during the recent hurricane events throughout the Caribbean.
- Acting as a team leader in numerous close protections tasks in Mexico, Central America and the Caribbean.
Prior to working as a Principal, Diego worked as a Senior Consultant in Mexico City where he consulted clients on various security related projects including close protection services, embedded consulting solutions and an array of security consulting solutions. Previously, Diego worked as Consultant and Operations Manager for Control Risks’ Security Services practice based in Los Angeles where he coordinated high-profile protective services around the world.
Before joining Control Risks, Diego spent 6 years working for a global risk management firm in Houston where he was in charge of various security functions including aviation security, security operations and vendor relations management and compliance.
Diego holds a Bachelor of Science in criminal justice from the University of Houston–Downtown and a Master’s Degree in Security and Risk Management from the University of Leicester. Additionally, he holds a CPP certification (Certified Protection Professional) through ASIS International, a BTEC Level 3 qualification in the United Kingdom as a close protection officer and is licensed as a private investigator and security consultant in Texas. Diego is fluent in English and Spanish and has basic knowledge of Portuguese.