Yin Lu is a Principal in Control Risks’ Compliance, Forensics and Intelligence practice, based in New York. He focuses on electronic discovery, computer forensics and data compliance projects for Fortune 500 clients and global law firms.
- Creating a Compliant Organisation
- Applying Technology Solutions
Yin Lu is a Principal in Control Risks’ Compliance, Forensics and Intelligence practice, based in New York. He focuses on electronic discovery, computer forensics and data compliance projects for Fortune 500 clients and global law firms. Yin’s extensive experience includes a broad range of domestic and international matters involving complex commercial and securities litigation, anti-trust second request cases, intellectual property and product liability disputes, as well as internal investigations and other compliance and regulatory oversight matters.
Examples of Yin’s recent work include:
- Retained as an expert in several high-profile securities litigations, where he designed an electronic discovery process and workflows that helped win a favorable outcome for his client and achieved a cost saving of over US$10 million.
- Conducted a large internal FCPA investigation across 3 continents on behalf of a Fortune 500 corporation.
- Retained as the electronic discovery expert for one of the largest International arbitration matters from Brazil, where he introduced market leading technologies to create efficiency and save cost for the client.
- Retained in a class action anti-trust litigation by a global pharmaceutical company, where he advised the end client on discovery compliance and best practices across 2 continents.
- Retained as expert on a large scale second request, where he successfully managed all stages of discovery under a compressed timeline.
Prior to joining Control Risks, Yin was Vice President and Head of Project Management at OmniVere. Previously, Yin spent several years leading project management teams and building the eDiscovery practices at Consilio, eTERA Consulting and FTI Consulting. Yin has a Master of Science degree in Electrical Engineering from Columbia University, and a Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering from Kettering University (Formerly General Motors’ Institute).Yin is also a Certified Fraud Examiner. He is member of National Asian Pacific American Bar Association (NAPABA), and member of Asian American Bar Association of New York.