Yevgeny is based in Control Risks’ Moscow office and leads the Russia and CIS crisis and security practice, specialising in security and compliance audits, computer forensics and risks assessments.
Yevgeny has worked on a variety of projects in Russia and the CIS, including:
- Management of Sochi Winter Olympic Games’14 security project for a major international client.
- Journey management and evacuation plan formulation for a number of multinational clients in the CIS.
- Security risk assessment of a number of Russian periphery locations for a major international client.
- Forensic review of computer data for a large international software developer.
- On-site security reviews of high profile commercial and residential properties / areas in Russia & CIS, including technical surveillance counter measure survey management.
- Security briefings on issues relating to both personal and information security.
- Formulation of country security/crisis management plans for a global international company.
- Risk assessments in response to an immediate client crisis in Russia and CIS.
- Conducted on-site fraud and corruption investigation / suspect interviews for a large multinational heavy-industry client in the CIS.
Prior to joining Control Risks, Yevgeny worked at the UK Foreign & Commonwealth Office, where he divided his time between the British Embassy in Moscow and British Consulate in Yekaterinburg. During this time he worked as a Risk Assessment / Immigration and Liaison Officer alongside international law enforcement agencies to investigate crimes such as immigration fraud, document forgery, illegal facilitation and human trafficking. Yevgeny has also worked on a number of short-term assignments for Schlumberger Inc. as a head of its subcontractor visa and immigration compliance department and as a Country Security Advisor at the OSCE (Organisation for Security and Co-operation in Europe) during the 2012 Russian presidential elections.
Yevgeny is a native Russian speaker and fluent in English. He is a graduate of the Foreign Languages Institute at the Ural State Pedagogical University and is a 1st Lieutenant (military) in reserve. Yevgeny is a certified Governance, Risk and Compliance Professional (GRCP).