Will Herter is a Director in the Crisis and Resilience consulting practice in North America. He is based in Washington DC and specializes in helping companies design organizational resilience and security risk management programs to support their global operations.
- Creating a Secure Organisation
- Creating a Resilient Organisation
Will Herter is a Director in the Crisis and Resilience consulting practice in North America. He is based in Washington DC and specializes in helping companies design organizational resilience and security risk management programs to support their global operations. Will serves as a strategic advisor to his clients on a range of risk management issues and frequently conducts training on crisis management and resilience program preparedness. Will also has significant experience developing travel risk management and duty of care programs for international firms.
Will’s recent experience includes:
- Developing a global crisis management program for a large international organization and training its C-suite stakeholders on program aspects and crisis communications.
- Managing multiple security and risk management programs for prime contractors in support of US, UK and Australia government agencies in Afghanistan, Pakistan and East Africa.
- Developing country-level security management and crisis management programs in Mexico and Costa Rica for an international port infrastructure development firm.
- Leading security risk management program development for mining companies with operational sites in Honduras and Mexico.
Before joining Control Risks, Will served as a vice president at Global Guardian, where he was responsible for advising clients on global security risks and developing duty of care programs for travelers. Prior to that, Will was the Managing Director of Operations at Pax Mondial, a private security company that provided risk management support to government programs in the AfPak Region, Middle East, North Africa, East Africa and Latin America. Earlier in his career, he served as a senior risk management consultant for Control Risks in Mexico City. In that role, Will developed security and crisis management programs for international firms operating across Mexico and Central America.
Will holds a BA in economics from the University of Colorado at Boulder and an MA in international relations and economics from the Johns Hopkins University Paul H. Nitze School of Advanced International Studies (SAIS). He is an advanced Spanish speaker.