Simran supports clients across the East Africa region specifically with security consulting, management and advice. Simran joined Control Risks initially supporting commercial and operational teams providing support to clients in the wake of the Arab Spring. Following this Simran held positions of Associate Director for Control Risks Europe and Africa, and Director for Control Risks South-East Asia conducting and managing major engagements, with a focus on sports events and security consulting projects.
Some of Simran’s projects include:
- Project management including resourcing, planning and delivering security management support for a prime rights owner for the Confederations Cup, 2017 and World Cup 2018 in Russia.
- Support for various sports teams in coordinating high-profile events and visits across the EMEA region including Kenya, Nigeria, UK and South Africa.
- Security risk assessments for sports events and coverage at Fox Sports Asia, including Formula 1 (global), US Open, French Open, Wimbledon and Australian Open as well as Golf Masters tournaments.
- Delivery of security briefings and awareness training specific to media staff travelling to cover sports events across Asia and the Middle East.
- Compliance and reputational risk assessments of sports partners for co-branded events in Asia.
Prior to joining Control Risks Simran worked for Fox Networks Group and 21st Century Fox as a Regional Security Director for Asia and the Middle East, providing in-house support to all business operations. Simran holds a BA (Hons) in History and an MSc in Terrorism, Policing and Global Security from the University of Leicester. He is also ISPS qualified (CSO and PFSO).