Silvana Amaya is a Senior Analyst in the Global Risk Analysis team, based in Control Risks’ Bogota office. She is an expert on Colombian politics and security and provides clients with advice and analysis on the Andean region.
- Security Risk Management
- Organisational Resilience
- Political and Country Risk
Silvana Amaya is a Senior Analyst in the Global Risk Analysis team, based in Control Risks’ Bogota office. She is an expert on Colombian politics and security and provides clients with advice and analysis on the Andean region. In this role, she conducts and coordinates political, social and security risk assessments, scenario planning and continuous monitoring for clients with significant interests in Colombia, Panama and Suriname across industries including energy, construction, transportation, telecommunications and mass consumer products.
Silvana’s recent projects include:
- A threat assessment of national parks in Colombia in the context of reforestation efforts.
- An in-depth analysis of security and regulatory threats for an investment company seeking to enter the Colombian communication industry.
- A comprehensive political, regulatory and operational assessment of the gambling industry in Colombia for a multinational interested in investing.
- A comprehensive security, political, regulatory and operational assessment of the mining industry in Panama for a multinational interested in investing.
- Monthly political and security risks assessment reports for a mining company operating in Colombia.
Silvana has combined experience in the public and private sectors. For more than four years Silvana worked in Colombia’s foreign affairs ministry both as an adviser to the minister and later as an economic and trade attaché in Colombia’s embassy to Germany. Silvana has also worked in the UK for the boutique government management consultancy Delivery Associates. Most recently she worked for US electronic cigarette company Juul Labs as a government affairs manager in Latin America.
Silvana holds dual bachelor’s degrees in law and political science, both from Universidad de los Andes; a master’s degree in international relations from King’s College London, where she received the QS leadership scholarship; and a second master’s degree in public policy from the University of Oxford as a Chevening Scholar. Silvana speaks English, Spanish, Portuguese and German.
The Global Insight