The Global Insight
Saurabh Batta is currently working as a Director with the Crisis and Security team at Control Risks India and South Asia, based in New Delhi.
Saurabh handles crisis management, business resilience, executive protection, security planning and implementation assignments for our clients. He has worked with a diverse range of clients from various industry sectors, managing projects, as well as providing on-ground consulting, where required.
Saurabh’s recent projects include:
- Executive protection to the senior management of an international pharmaceutical company in Sri Lanka.
- Crisis management consulting to a US-based multinational organisation facing a lock-out of their manufacturing sites amidst labour unrest and demonstrations by a trade union in a tier one city in India.
- Security review and gap assessment of the policies and procedures for a European ready-made garment (RMG) sector company in Bangladesh.
- Event security for the board meeting of a US-based non-profit organisation in Hyderabad, India.
- Restructuring support and crisis management consulting to a US-based FMCG company in Bangladesh.
Before joining Control Risks, Saurabh has worked with Goldman Sachs and Shell as their security site manager and has been involved in various HSSE (Health, Safety, Security and Environment) projects.
Saurabh comes with a background in the Special Forces of the Indian Army, with over nine years of experience in counter-terrorism operations. He has operated in Jammu and Kashmir, and in the insurgency affected areas of the north-eastern states of India. He has led several highly successful counter-terrorism and counter-insurgency strikes in high-threat environments across the country. He has been an instructor at the Commando Training School of the Indian Army and has been closely involved in formulating content and modules for training in counter-insurgency operations.
Asia In Focus