Samir Macwana heads the Business Continuity practice within Control Risks in India and South Asia. He is based in Mumbai and is a seasoned and certified Business Continuity professional and an ISO 22301 Lead Auditor with over 16 years of experience in Business Continuity Management.
Throughout his career, he has conducted several BCM audits, ISO 22301 audits, pandemic planning, facility / country resiliency planning, business impact analysis, formulating business continuity / disaster recovery strategies across geographies. He has been recognised for making crisis simulation exercises a meaningful company discipline.
Recent projects that Samir has worked on include:
- Upgrading of Pandemic Preparedness programme for leading financial institutions and banks in India and the Middle East with global operations
- Crisis Management and Return to Work planning, including in-flight review of the impact of the lockdown on business operations, employee wellbeing, IT & infrastructure as well as supply chain for organisations across Asia Pacific
- Independent Assessment of critical vendors Business Continuity Programme and Pandemic Preparedness for organisations across Asia Pacific
- Review of the current resiliency and recovery posture of financial organisations, banks, logistics and shipping companies with global operations, to gauge their current level of crisis readiness
- Gap Assessment against the ISO 22301 standards and make appropriate recommendations
- Review of Crisis Communication plans and Business Continuity programmes against leading Industry practices
- Conduct crisis simulation workshop for senior management and employee awareness programme on Business Resiliency, including designing the content for such trainings
Samir is also a thought leader at various business continuity forums, conferences and seminars such as BCI.
Samir has a Masters in Business Administration (MBA) from the University of Liverpool, UK and has completed his Masters in Commerce (M. Com) from the University of Mumbai.