Reema is a Senior Analyst based in Control Risks’ Singapore office. She advises clients on key political, security and regulatory risks that may affect their exposure to anti-corruption enforcement in South Asia.
- Asia Pacific
- Political & Economic Risk Consulting
- Political Risk Governance Programmes
- Stakeholder Engagement
- Stakeholder Mapping
Reema is a Senior Analyst based in Control Risks’ Singapore office. She advises clients on key political, security and regulatory risks that may affect their exposure to anti-corruption enforcement in South Asia. She conducts bespoke consulting projects and is a regular contributor to Control Risks’ online platform CORE.
Recent projects include:
- Country risk assessments for foreign companies seeking to enter the oil and gas, telecom, renewables, and retail sectors in Nepal, Sri Lanka and Bangladesh. These focused on political, regulatory, operational and security risks as well as identification of key stakeholders in policy decision-making and assessments of their longevity in office.
- Litigation research support to inform a client’s preparations in an international arbitration case against an Indian entity; an in-depth investigative analysis for the automotive sector in the Indian state of Maharashtra, providing a bespoke assessment of political drivers for regulatory developments and direct implications on the client's interests in the sector.
- Investigations on behalf of foreign companies operating in the Maldives which faced or were concerned about regulatory harassment and political interference issued by local partners, including assessments of likely and credible threats to clients and risk mitigation recommendations.
- Full security threat assessments for companies planning investments in India. These included aspirational terrorist targets such as India’s capital New Delhi, and key cities including Bengaluru and Hyderabad. These covered threats from terrorism, crime (including organised crime) and unrest.
Prior to joining Control Risks, Reema worked at Edelman, the leading government relations firm driving policy advocacy and mitigating crisis for the world’s largest multilateral organisations including the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, World Bank, UN Women and United Nation’s Population Fund. She has advanced degrees in politics, media and business law.
She was invited to the 2017 OECD Anti-Corruption and Integrity summit in Paris where she presented her paper on India's 2016 demonetisation drive, and its implication on political integrity and anti-corruption policies, to leading European policymakers and industry members.
Asia In Focus
Asia In Focus