Reema is a Senior Analyst based in Control Risks’ Singapore office. She advises clients on key political, security and regulatory risks that may affect their exposure to anti-corruption enforcement in South Asia.
- Asia Pacific
- Political and Country Risk
- Strategy and Deal Origination
Reema is a Senior Analyst in Control Risks' Singapore office. She is actively involved in expanding Control Risks' suite of services in the Environmental, Social and Corporate Governance (ESG) risk space and works alongside clients to strengthen their in-house ESG processes. Reema has significant experience in macro and sector-specific political risk assessments, public policy advisory, stakeholder mapping and engagement. She also advises clients on critical political, regulatory risks that may affect their operations and exposure to regulatory enforcement in South Asia.
Recent projects include:
- ESG regulatory mapping for foreign companies seeking to understand their existing compliance and reporting obligations within the broader context of Australia's evolving ESG legal and regulatory landscape.
- Country risk assessments for foreign companies seeking to enter the oil and gas, telecom, renewables, and retail sectors in Nepal, Sri Lanka and Bangladesh. These focused on political, regulatory, operational and security risks, identifying key stakeholders in policy decision-making, and assessing their longevity in office.
- Regulatory and geopolitical risk analysis for foreign technology companies seeking to understand India's new data protection law.
- Litigation research support to inform a client's preparations in an international arbitration case against an Indian entity; An in-depth investigative analysis for the automotive sector in the Indian state of Maharashtra, providing a bespoke assessment of political drivers for regulatory developments and direct implications on the client's interests in the sector.
Before joining Control Risks, Reema worked at Edelman, the leading government relations firm driving policy advocacy and mitigating crisis for the world's largest multilateral organisations, including the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, World Bank, UN Women and United Nation's Population Fund. She has advanced degrees in politics, media and business law. Reema is a spokesperson for Control Risks Asia, speaking and writing regularly on ESG, business and broader political-economic trends in APAC. She was invited to the 2017 OECD Anti-Corruption and Integrity summit in Paris. She presented her paper on India's 2016 demonetisation drive, and its implication on political integrity and anti-corruption policies, to leading European policymakers and industry members.
Asia In Focus
Asia In Focus