Based in London, Oksana is responsible for building strategic engagements with large corporate and investment clients as they evaluate and manage political risk and opportunity. She develops retainer-based client relationships at a senior level across Europe and Africa.
- Creating a Resilient Organisation
- Political and Economic Risk Consulting
Based in London, Oksana is responsible for building strategic engagements with large corporate and investment clients as they evaluate and manage political risk and opportunity. She develops retainer-based client relationships at a senior level across Europe and Africa, drawing on many years of experience advising senior decision-makers – in public and private sectors – around the world.
Examples of Oksana’s work include:
- Presenting on macro-political and economic trends to corporate boards and senior management meetings.
- Political risk analysis and stakeholder mapping on Europe, Turkey, Russia and Central Asia.
- Political scenario building for senior management and risk departments, including as part of financial portfolio stress testing.
- Advising clients in the energy, financial and infrastructure sectors on geopolitical, political and regulatory risks.
- Working with governments and international organisations (including international financial institutions) on political and security risk analysis for development and investment projects.
Prior to joining Control Risks, Oksana held senior roles at the International Institute for Strategic Studies (IISS) and the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (EBRD). Oksana has also served as a Visiting Senior Fellow at the Institute for Global Affairs at the London School of Economics and Political Science, where she worked on developing methodology for political risk analysis and modelling for a range of emerging markets.
Oksana has particular expertise on Russia, Turkey, Central and Eastern Europe, Central Asia, European institutions and international financial institutions. She has also previously worked on conflict mediation, including mediating several high-level talks in the post-conflict situation in Eurasia in cooperation with EU institutions, the UN and the Organization for Security and Co-operation in Europe. Oksana has many years of experience in public speaking engagements and media interviews, and has delivered testimonies to the European and British parliaments.
Oksana holds an Economics Degree from Moscow State University and a Master in Public Policy from Harvard Kennedy School of Government.