Mike Wolff is a Partner at Control Risks and is based in Washington D.C. where he is responsible for both the South East Geo-Market in the U.S.A and for running the D.C. office. He is part of a multi-disciplinary team within our client management function which focuses on managing our largest accounts, securing new business, bid management on large and complex projects, and marketing.
Mike Wolff is a Partner at Control Risks and is based in Washington D.C. where he is responsible for both the South East Geo-Market in the U.S.A and for running the D.C. office. He is part of a multi-disciplinary team within our client management function which focuses on managing our largest accounts, securing new business, bid management on large and complex projects, and marketing. Mike works with practice and regional leadership teams to best utilise Control Risks’ global resources and to develop solutions that are tailored to clients’ most complex problems. Mike was previously based in the U.A.E. for 15 years looking after Control Risks’ local, regional and global clients with operations or investments in the Middle East.
Recent examples of Mike’s work include:
- Acting as the primary relationship manager for a global US law firm as it pursued various white collar crime cases, supported by Control Risks, in the Middle East and further afield.
- Overseeing the creation of a regional programme for a global U.S. automotive brand comprising financial crime investigative services, market entry assessments and partner due diligence, as the brand sought both to expand its existing presence and establish new operations in medium to high risk markets across MENA.
- Overseeing the proposal, delivery and maintenance of a strategic threat and risk assessment, labour welfare crisis communications and integrated security design solutions for a multi-billion dollar global exhibition.
- Overseeing the provision of geo-political and crisis management services to a major European energy business across the Middle East.
- Overseeing the proposal and delivery of a multi-year large scale security management training program in the United Kingdom for a high profile Saudi Arabian energy client.
Before joining Control Risks Mike worked in the executive search industry in London, Tokyo and Dubai, focusing on the placement of senior lawyers in the in-house and private practice sectors. He previously served as an Infantry Officer in the British Army for 12 years, including operations in Northern Ireland, the Middle East and the Balkans. Mike has a degree in International Politics & Strategic studies from the University College of Wales, Aberystwyth, and since joining Control Risks has also attended various executive training courses at Harvard Business School. He speaks French and basic Japanese.