Michael is an Associate Director in the Global Client Services team based in Chicago. Prior to relocating to Chicago, Michael was living between Dubai, UAE and Riyadh, Saudi Arabia for seven years. Michael is an ACFE and has experience in conducting integrity due diligence investigations, forensic imaging, litigation support, asset tracing, anti-money laundering (AML) gap analysis, problem solving, fraud risk assessments and anti-fraud training, market entry and competitor intelligence.
Highlights of Michael’s recent experience include:
- Competitive intelligence analysis for an automotive manufacture operating in the Middle East.
- Risk advisor for United States automotive manufacturer in Latin America, Africa, Middle East and Asia.
- Fraud risk assessment for an oil and gas client in Saudi Arabia stemming from allegations of USD 3 billion in excess inventory.
- Litigation support and “e-Discovery” for a multi-jurisdictional Ponzi scheme assessed at over USD 9 billion for a Saudi Arabia family conglomerate.
- Conducted forensic analysis for an asset tracing exercise to recover USD 2.6 billion in multiple jurisdictions including the UK, USA, Bahrain, Saudi Arabia and the Cayman Islands for fraudulent trade finance transactions which were the subject of a USD 10 billion dollar claim in Saudi Arabia.
Prior to joining Control Risks, Michael was an assistant manager in Deloitte Forensic and Dispute Services practice in the Middle East and the United States providing a wide range of forensic and other consulting services across the United States and the Middle East. Whilst at Deloitte, Michael focused on forensic investigations, litigation support, and fraud risks assessments.
Michael has a Bachelor’s degree in Finance and International Business from Georgetown University in Washington, DC. He attended the United States Air Force Academy, Oxford University (Trinity College), and was a member of the United States Air Force Academy and Georgetown University American football collegiate teams.
Michael speaks Iraqi Chaldean, and conversational Arabic (Iraqi dialect).