Michael Joudeh is a Principal in Control Risks’ Compliance, Forensics and Intelligence practice, based in New York City. He is experienced in the forensic collection, preservation, processing and hosting of electronic evidence and assists in the analysis of electronically stored information (ESI). He performs remote and cloud collections, including working with cloud providers on understanding the format of data in order to ensure the integrity of ESI.
Michael has worked on engagements involving criminal fraud, money laundering, taxes, financial investigations and employee data theft. He has experience serving clients across a range of industries including telecommunications, financial institutions, legal services, district attorney offices and law enforcement. Michael has acted as a testifying expert witness and provided affidavits on electronic preservation and data integrity.
Michael’s recent representative engagements include:
- Aiding a US financial institution in the creation and implementation of processes and procedures for the evaluation of customer enhanced due diligence, anti-money laundering transactions and suspicious activity alerts. Michael also analyzed financial data to identify transactional patterns, asset flow and potential fraud.
- Supporting the District Attorney’s Office of New York in a forensic and data analysis engagement, including the forensic preservation and analysis of over 15 servers, 30 computers, ten cellular devices and five tablets. Michael also assisted in the forensic analysis of these devices by providing financial information gathered from the evidence, assisting in the apprehension of the suspects.
- Completing an international forensic collection of network, email and employee data for a global humanitarian aid NGO—including cell phones, tablets, laptops and desktop computers—while ensuring compliance with international data laws.
- Supporting a pharmaceutical and biotechnology company in the creation of company policies and procedures governing access control, corporate security, internet usage and retention. Michael also performed data mapping for litigation readiness and information governance.
- Testified in various New York State court cases as a designated expert
Prior to joining Control Risks, Michael was a manager at BDO Consulting in the company’s Forensic Technology Services practice.
Michael is a certified Law PreDiscovery E-Discovery Professional, AccessData Certified Examiner (ACE), Certified Blacklight Examiner (CBE), Cellebrite Certified Logical Operator (CCLO), Cellebrite Certified Physical Analyst (CCPA) and a Global Information Assurance Certification-Certified Forensic Examiner (GCFE).