Matthew Oyston is a Principal, leading all Crisis and Security Consulting for the Australia Pacific region. As a security risk and design expert, Matthew is involved in all facets of the security design process including security strategy, technical systems design, tender assessment, and site project/construction management.
- Asia Pacific
- Creating a Resilient Organisation
- Creating a Secure Organisation
Matthew Oyston is a Principal, leading all Crisis and Security Consulting for the Australia Pacific region. As a security risk and design expert, Matthew is involved in all facets of the security design process including security strategy, technical systems design, tender assessment, and site project/construction management. Matthew’s experience spans various industries including government, military, infrastructure, finance and the commercial sector.
Examples of his recent work include:
- Conducted a security risk assessment and developed a security master plan for a large mixed-use development in Sydney incorporating commercial and residential zones, a hotel and cultural centre.
- Produced a minimal baseline security standard for an Australian aviation infrastructure client. The standard covered risk management methodology, design principles and minimum baselines requirements for physical and electronic security measures.
- Conducted a security review of an educational facility in Sydney considering all aspects physical, electronic and operational security. The review focused on the ability to escalate security measures at short notice based on a changing threat environment.
- Following extensive consultation, re-designed a Middle Eastern central bank’s new headquarters and cash handling facility to mitigate the risks identified in the security risk assessment.
- Project managed the creation of security minimum baseline requirements for a Middle Eastern international airport allowing for the standardisation of security across the airport in line with the International Civil Aviation Organisation’s standards.
Matthew has considerable experience as a security master planner, security systems designer, audio-visual designer and multi-disciplined project manager.
Matthew holds a bachelor of science in security (minor in management) from the University of Edith Cowan, Perth. Matthew is AVSEC PM qualified, holds a Certificate IV in Risk Management and is a Registered Security Consultant in Dubai and New South Wales, Australia.