Kimberly Brunell is an Associate Director within Control Risks’ Crisis Security and Consulting Practice based in Washington D.C. Kimberly focuses on the legal aspects of threat management in both the workplace and educational settings.
- Threat & Risk Assessments
- Workplace & Insider Threat Management
Kimberly Brunell is an Associate Director within Control Risks’ Crisis Security and Consulting Practice based in Washington D.C. Kimberly focuses on the legal aspects of threat management in both the workplace and educational settings..
Highlights of Kimberly’s experiences include:
- Unparalleled combination of legal and operational experience, including the design and development of the FBI’s Critical Incident Response Group Legal Unit, a first-of-its-kind legal team deployment model for on-site legal guidance in support of critical, sensitive operations, for which she received the FBI Director’s Award.
- Over a decade of experience as a case agent and supervisor for several high profile, complex, and time-sensitive matters, including Operation Delta Blues, for which she received the 2012 Attorney General’s Award for Outstanding Law Enforcement Investigation.
- Co-author of the recent comprehensive interagency collaboration on threat assessment and prevention, Making Prevention a Reality: Identifying, Assessing and Managing the Threat of Targeted Violence (2017).
Kimberly retired from the FBI as a Senior Supervisory Resident Agent after over 21 years of service. As a member of the FBI’s Behavioral Threat Assessment Center, Kimberly has developed threat management plans for both the public and private sector. A former Chief Division Counsel and Media Representative, she was a trusted advisor to FBI senior executives on multiple legal, ethics, compliance, strategy, and personnel matters. Kimberly also served as a Legal Instructor at the FBI Academy, where she instructed new Special Agents and Intelligence Analysts on criminal law and procedure, and privacy.
Kimberly holds a Juris Doctor from the University of Arkansas School of Law and has been a licensed member of the Arkansas Bar since 1993. She is a former deputy prosecuting attorney who served as Senior Law Clerk to the Chief Justice of the Arkansas Supreme Court.